Thursday, May 9, 2019

Fresh Bread

My family suffered through some pretty sorry efforts at bread baking when I was learning how to do it right.  Nowadays, I make bread that I'm really proud to claim.

Here's a half loaf from yesterday's batch:

Just a basic white potato bread.  But I don't think anyone can find a better bread for a sandwich or toast or just everyday bread uses than this.  And yes, I'm bragging it up, but it a skill that took me a long time to learn well.  

My family eats very little commercial bread because I enjoy baking.  At one time, every penny was counted in every expenditure and I worked to trim costs where I could.  Home baked bread was half the price of store bread.  To save a couple of dollars a week I started making it from scratch.  Nowadays I keep on making it from scratch because I like it so much better.  


No comments:

Post a Comment