Sunday, May 12, 2019

Day 20 - FAIL!

This one is my real hurdle.  I'll have to go back and do these again.  Perhaps several times.  Not a single one of these beads will make the cut and go into my pile of successful beads.

First, I tried the beads with the opaque light blue with white stringer:


The blue is soft enough that the stringer was just mooshing it around.  The beads look so wonky that I'm just not happy with them.

So, I tried to do it with stiffer glass.  In this case, a transparent blue.  Transparent glass colors tend to be a lot stiffer at a given temperature than the opaque colors.


A little better, but still not at all what I want.

Not a single one of these beads today will end up in the final set of Boot Camp Beads, but this was definitely a learning experience.  Like the Day 19 beads, I was working in the wind.  It was not all that easy.  I'll try to do these over in the next day or two and see if I can't do it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment