Thursday, May 9, 2019

Boot Camp Bonus Beads

I am really enjoying working through the 21 Day Bead Boot Camp.  However, there are times when I want to play with something else.  I noticed a couple of beads in the illustrations from which the author was working that I found rather inspiring.


I've always liked these daisy-petal murini.  They come in all sorts of color combinations, but this one is fairly typical.  I made a pull of this pattern and cut slices of the pattern cane to make these beads.  They are not large and won't really stand out on a necklace or a festoon.  But I love beads that reward the person who really looks at the whole string.  Finding little treasures like this has always delighted me and I hope that I can find a use for them that will delight someone else who looks close.

And, of course, I never really have too many of the basic seed beads:


I like to warm up when I am making beads by starting with a few of these.  I think of it like stretching out before exercising.  And I really like that transparent red color.  


No comments:

Post a Comment