Sunday, May 12, 2019

Day 19

This was a more challenging bead than I had expected.  Here are a few of my initial efforts:


The circles of yellow are not always circles.  The white stripes are all over the place.  I really make some amateurish beads, here.

Now, in my own defense, it was a windy day, so the glass was losing heat fast, the stringer was whipping around a little, I was standing in a way to try to shield the torch flame from the wind, and the propane pressure was a little low.  Vapor pressure depends on the temperature of the tank and when the wind is cooling it off, the vapor pressure drops noticeably.  But still, these beads don't make the cut.

The better examples from this batch:


Still not perfect.  Here, one of these is done with the drawn circles of yellow (the one on the left).  The rest are stacked dots.  Since both methods were suggested in the boot camp document, I tried both.  The stacked dots were much easier to get nice and pretty.  

The wind still made torch work inconvenient.  


No comments:

Post a Comment