Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Day 14

Here's the next place the lack of color mixed me up.

The intended design:


Blue bead, white swirls, yellow dots.  Only the yellow looks white in the greyscale printout I have in the shop.

So, this is what I made:

 And I really like them a lot better than I would with the yellow dots.  I'm going to leave them as-is because I don't really care for the added dots.

Not all of these beads turned out the way I intended.  When I screw up a bead, I try to salvage it.  My usual method is to rake the surface into a different pattern.  In the picture below, that's what I did with the bead on the left.  Next one in, I poked and twisted with a stringer to get a whirlpool effect.  I wouldn't try to pass these off as historical, but they are still very pretty beads.


And when I had a bead that just needed something more than a surface treatment, I decided to add a little buddy.  Here's one of my geckos.


No comments:

Post a Comment