Saturday, February 8, 2020

And a forge project

Once we were home from our little icicle-hanging outing, it was time to make some supper.  The youngest suggested kabobs.  That sounded great to all of us.  But we didn't have enough bamboo skewers!  Oh, no!  I'm not driving 20 minutes to the store and 20 back.  That sets supper back by a whole hour (including the time I'm in the store finding the skewers and probably seven other things we didn't really need, but I would pick up anyway, more like an hour and a half).

So I made some.

Remember, the weather is warmer!  I can roll up that garage door and run the small forge!  I didn't have time for any really involved projects, but I made four nice, long kabob skewers.  They have an oval cross section (the food can be turned without it simply rotating on the rod like it will with a round poker), they are long enough to hold plenty of food.

Here are the skewers, including what we couldn't eat:

Nothing profound, but a fun little forge project that made it easier to feed the family this evening.

1 comment:

  1. I'm talking with my wife about making bone marrow extraction tools that would fit caribou. The ocular shape presented would be an excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete