Saturday, February 8, 2020

A Lovely Friday

Temperatures were below zero for the past month.  The day we got back from Tucson, we saw one bank sign that claimed it was 43 degrees below zero.  That's 75 degrees below freezing.  That's as much below the temperature of freezing water as 107 is above it.

That's cold.

But this week, we have seen as warm as 20 above zero!  Hooray!

I turned on the torch and melted some glass yesterday and the day before.  This is what I made:



 They are simple glass icicles.  My wife made the little purple one at the top, but I made the others.

What to do with them?  Glad you asked!

There are a couple of local trails where we walk our dog that have spruce trees with ornaments on them.  Winter is long here and there are folks who will do that little tiny bit to make life more colorful and a bit whimsical.  Here's an example:

Just a tree beside the trail.  Couple of classic glass ornaments on it.  These ornaments can be there for years.  People either don't take them or else someone replaces them.  I'm not sure which, but I will see the ornaments for a long time and even in summer it makes me smile.

Today, while the dog got her much-needed walk, we did our part to add to the random, playful whimsy.










No comments:

Post a Comment