Tuesday, December 15, 2020

A New Video!

 I know I haven't posted anything in months, but here's something, at least!  


I made these two little blacksmith knives because I found a sketch in one of my old sketchbooks and realized that would be a fun little knife to bang out.  Nothing profound, just a case of "why didn't I make this before?"


They are deliberately rustic and rough. But they are still comfortable and would fit the role of the non-folding pocket knife.  I actually plan to make neck sheaths for them and have them hung like a necklace.




I also took a video of the whole process of forging them.  Here are the highlights.  I am trying something new, here.  Instead of narrating my process, I decided to just play the banjo in the background.


Enjoy!

Edit: this video isn't showing up when I look at the blog on my phone, so if you don't see the video window, just click this link: https://youtu.be/b05JYJynG84


No comments:

Post a Comment