Sunday, July 14, 2019

Finished Friction Folder

So, that was almost anticlimactic.  Setting four little brass pins took me only half an hour.  I had to trim them to the same length, tap them with my smallest ball peen until they spread into the countersunk holes, and then do a little touch-up sanding on the wood where the hammer scuffed it.  After that, sharpening.

A couple of pictures:



Closed.  The scroll end invites you to open the knife and see what else the smith hath wrought.


Open.  About 3.5" of sharp and pointy.

The scrolly bit does dig into the hand just a little, but it isn't bad at all.  I think future efforts at friction folder will take this into account a bit better.  The handle is a little thicker than I had meant to make it, but this is my first, so I'll change that on the next one.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment