Saturday, June 15, 2019

More by Tylor

I've been really busy with my summer internship, so haven't been updating this blog as often as I intend to.  I'm still doing things, but don't take the time to post about them.

My friend Tylor came over again last week and made a couple of knives.  Here are the parts for knife number one:



He sent me a picture of this knife when he had filled the 50 brass with epoxy and set the tang in.

 It looks really good!  I understand this is to be a gift.

And one made from a railroad spike.  They don't make truly superior blades, but a railroad spike (if it says HC on the head - not all spikes are created equal) can harden and make a decent blade.  And the "dragon scale" twist on the handle just looks really cool.

I will try to get some more stuff of my own done to share here before long.  But it is neat to share some of Tylor's work in the mean time.

1 comment: